Completion of the Adsafe Awareness Training is one of the essential elements required for those in child-related or governance roles in the local Church. The Training is designed to strengthen awareness and build the knowledge, skills and capacity of our churches to safeguard children and the vulnerable.
Currently our Training is available for everyone serving in child-related or governance roles within Seventh-day Adventist church entities across Australia and New Zealand.
Where to access the Awareness Training
There are three options for accessing the Awareness Training:
- Complete the 'Safer Churches Awareness Training' module using the online training portal
- Attend a Zoom training session delivered live by an Adsafe trainer
- Attend training delivered face-to-face by the Adsafe team at a special event, for example a conference Big Camp
All training options are suitable for persons completing training for the first time or renewing their previous training. Awareness Training is valid for 3 years.
Online in the Adsafe Training Portal
The Awareness Training is available online in a self-paced training module ('Safer Churches Awareness Training') and can be accessed 24/7 online
Live Zoom Training Sessions
There are two versions of this Zoom Training:
- Church Board members – includes the standard Awareness Training plus extra information on governance responsibilities
- Church volunteers (in child-related roles) – standard Awareness Training only
These are the upcoming scheduled training sessions:
|Tuesday 5th Dec||10:00 – 11:30 am AET||Board member|
|Tuesday 6th Dec||10:30 – 12:00 pm AET||Volunteer|
AET - All above zoom session times are in Sydney time (AEST winter time or AEDT summer daylight saving time)
Registrations for these sessions can be made here. Please register at least two weeks prior to the session. Once registered, you will be emailed the Zoom link closer to the date.
Face-to-face training at Special Events
These are currently no Awareness Training scheduled as face-to-face sessions.